POST WAXING TREATMENT
To ensure maximum comfort and benefit after the treatment, it is important to follow the steps below at home.
- Avoid applying heat to the waxed area for 12 to 24 hours. This includes hot baths, sauna, and steam.
- Avoid exercise or sweating for 24 hours this could irritate the area and encourage bacteria
- Avoid sun tanning for 12 to 24 hours.
- Avoid applying highly fragranced products to the waxed area. This includes, perfume, scented body lotions, anti-perspirants, cosmetics, or feminine hygiene sprays.
- Avoid using harsh abrasive or exfoliates in the waxed area. However if you are prone to in-grown hairs, the day after your waxing treatment, exfoliate newly waxed area with a loofah to avoid future problems.
- Avoid applying high SPF sun blocks to the waxed area for 12-24 hours after the waxing service. Sunscreen chemicals can be irritating to the newly waxed skin. This includes self-tanning products and tan accelerators.
- Any pinking of the skin should disappear within 6 to 8 hours after the waxing treatment. Slight pinking is normal, and indicates that the hair was removed from the root, rather than superficially broken off, as in shaving. This is the reason that professional waxing lasts so much longer.
PEEL AFTER CARE
Now that you've had your first peel, there are a few simple steps for after care that you will need to follow:
- Avoid the use of moisturisers or lotions containing active ingredients such as retinol, glycolic acids, perfumes and colours until your skin is no longer sensitive.
- Your skin will be a little more sensitive to the sun so keep sun exposure to a minimum. Please wear a hat and sunscreen daily. This should be a regular routine for you anyway.
Apply foundation as you wish.
Slight crusting and/or scabbing in particular areas may develop. If so, please do not rub or pick the skin as this may lead to a scar.
Expected changes over the next 7 to 14 days include:
Day 1 to 3 - Tight, dry skin with mild to moderate redness and sensitivity.
Day 2 to 5 - Areas of darkened skin (this is the old skin in preparation to peel)
Day 3 to 7 - Slight flaking or peeling lasting 2 to 5 days
Home care products to use for the following 5 to 7 days:
If you have any concerns or questions please call the office.
Pre - Microdermabrasion Instructions:
Do not use Retin-A or other exfoliating creams 24 to 72 hours (1 to 3 days) prior to your treatment.
- Avoid sun tanning or tanning creams/sprays for at least a week before treatment
- You must NOT have recently had laser surgery or used Accutane
- Candidates who have had a recent chemical peel or other skin procedure, such as injection's, should wait two to three weeks before undergoing microdermabrasion.
- Prospective clients should also refrain from waxing or tanning the skin to be treated for a few weeks prior to microdermabrasion treatment.
Post - Microdermabrasion Instructions
To maximize microdermabrasion recovery time and results, it is important to follow all post-procedure instruction below:
Keep the new skin clean and moisturized
- Anti-inflammatory creams or cold compresses may be used as necessary
- Use a gentle cleanser.
- Trauma such as scratching or picking the treated area should be avoided.
- It is important to avoid irritating the treated skin with harsh chemicals, rubbing or tanning for one week.
- Although some peeling may occur in the treated areas, moisturizer should help minimize this effect.
- Avoid staying in the sun for at least 7 days after the microdermabrasion treatment to prevent UV rays from damaging your skin which slows down the recovery.
- Client's who absolutely cannot avoid sun exposure should use a broad-spectrum sunscreen with an SPF of 30 or higher.
- Do not use glycolic, alpha hydroxy, beta hydroxy, retinol, benzyl peroxide or topical acne medicatios for 24-48 hours following treatment.
- You may resume prescription retinoid products (Retin A, Renova, Tretinoin, Avita, Alustra or other brands f Tretinoin and other prescription retinoid products (Adapalene, Avage, Differin, Tazorac, Tazarotene) 3 - 7 days after last microdermabrasion treatment or as instructed by your technician. you are receiving a series of treatments, do not resume any of these products until after you have completed your last microdermabrasion treatment.